1. What are the major areas of improvement for Austin's hospitality, and how does the city stack up versus its Houston & Dallas counterparts?
2. Texas Governor Greg Abbott declares Austin would be the "ideal fit" for Amazon's HQ2. What could be the impacts of winning on Austin's hospitality industry?
3. SXSW, Austin City Limits, and Formula One are just a few of the many attractions that pull in tourism. How does Austin's hotel industry intend to stay ahead of demand and top of mind for 2018 and beyond?
4. Austin is one of the fastest growing cities in the US. Does it have the potential of becoming the future World-Class City?
5. Music, culture, and tech are huge components of Austin's identity - how are hotels capitalizing on these traits and integrate them into live-work-play spaces?
6. What are REIT's identifying as the major areas of investment in Austin today?
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||
Registration, Breakfast & Networking!
|8:30 AM - 8:40 AM||
JLL's Hotels & Hospitality Group Talks Unique Use of Spaces, Next-Gen User & Traveler, Austin Case Studies
|8:40 AM - 9:00 AM||
Interactive Q&A with Mike Shea, SXSW!
|9:00 AM - 9:20 AM||
Keynote Interview with Dan Hansen, CEO & President, Summit Hotel Properties
Interviewed by Michael Belissario, Senior Analyst, RW Baird
|9:20 AM - 10:00 AM||
The Debate: Austin As The Future World-Class City
|10:00 AM - 10:30 AM||
500 EAST 4TH STREET
AUSTIN, TEXAS, 78701
Ballroom: Salon AB - Floor 4
Valet Parking: $15
You won't want to miss this! SXSW, JLL, Summit Hotel Properties, Visit Austin, and Manchester Financial Group join us for our hottest hospitality event of the year!
Known for its diverse culture, commitment to music and entertainment, Formula One racing, beautiful outdoors, and forward-thinking tech companies, the town of Old Waterloo has transformed into one of the largest metropolitan capitals in the United States. Some, including Tom Noonan (Austin Convention & Visitor's Bureau), may even call it a World-Class City. If anything this is a testament to this, it is Amazon's interest in bringing its HQ2 here.
It looks like the days of keeping Austin "weird" are over. With its rapid population growth and mass tourist influx, Austin has become one of the fastest growing cities in the US, averaging 159 people moving in each day. You know what they say, life gives you lemons - you make lemonade. If we can't keep Austin weird, we might as well keep it profitable. Join us to see how YOU can capitalize on those tourists you just can't stand.
Going into SXSW 2018, Austin hospitality showed little signs of slowing down as new developments by Marriott, The Fairmont, and Hilton have come to market. This year, CBRE has predicted a continued volume increase of 7% in 2018, despite growing wages and labor shortages. With the market red-hot, we want to find out what the driving factors are, how the Q3 & Q4 will play out, and how hotels can stay competitive in this thriving market.
As always - we'll have hot coffee, hot topics, and plenty of time for networking.
Questions? Reach out to our Austin event producer, Juliette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See y'all there!