1) How are new construction trends & tech streamlining East Bay projects?
2) Oakland's watershed projects! Developments that are shaping how we build in Northern California.
3) What does the future of the Auto Row look like with the new plans coming to light?
4) Can new tech help East Bay property owners manage their properties?
5) The labor shortage, construction wage gap and the Oakland development pipeline!
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||
Breakfast & Networking
|8:30 AM - 9:15 AM||
Building for the future in Oakland!
How are Architects, Developers, and Contractors Utilizing New Building Tech? How Are Residential Developers Adjusting To The Demand?
|9:15 AM - 10:00 AM||
Getting Developments Off The Ground - Opportunity Zones, Approvals an Labor Shortage!
New Build Outs, New Projects and Bulls & Bears On Oakland's Evolving Market
|10:00 AM - 10:30 PM||
Scottish Rite Center
1547 Lakeside Dr.
Oakland, CA 94612
Ballroom: Grand Ballroom, 1st Floor
Venue Parking: 72 spots available - Parking lot behind building off Madison St.
Alcopark Parking Garage: 165 13th Street
In 2017 there was plenty of buzz around Oakland, however, a lot of the attention came for scenarios that were playing outside of the East Bay. The tide has now turned and with the vacuum created by the Warriors and Uber headed for Mission Bay in San Francisco, many are optimistic about the cities future.
Thompson Dorfman principal Bruce Dorfman remembers when most of his firm's projects were based in Emeryville because Berkeley had few opportunities for development and it was difficult to finance building in Oakland. “Now you're seeing major institutional players coming into Oakland,” Dorfman said. “When institutional partners don't like an area, they're not going to invest, but they're kind of like lemmings when they do come into an area.”
The City is primed for growth and money is flowing in from around the Bay Area. Join use as we discuss lending, developing and construction trends! Questions about the event content? Please email email@example.com