1. Where are investors looking, and what are they investing in?
2. How is the downtown market comparing to the suburbs?
3. How much of an impact is foreign investment making?
4. Is the current market more active than banks projected it to be?
5. How are developers financing new construction?
Philly's market has definitely not been quiet. With 2.7M SF of office under construction, 4.5K multifamily units completed in the past year, we are still seeing massive developments built.
Banks may be cautious in their lending, but they are still distributing capital. The caution though has been great for other lenders- global debt funds hitting $37B in total aggregate capital in 2017 compared to $24B in 2014.
Developers have found unique strategies to raise funds in their ventures and have succeeded in building. Will absorption follow in suit?
Join us as we dive deep into Philly's capital market trends and real estate finance.
Participate in the discussion on Twitter by using hashtag #BisnowPhilly and follow @BisnowPHILA!
For questions, recommendations, comments, or press inquiries please email our Philadelphia event producer, James Shearin at James.Shearin@Bisnow.com.